What should I eat on gym days?
Here are a few examples of quick and easy meals to eat after your workout:
- Grilled chicken with roasted vegetables.
- Egg omelet with avocado spread on toast.
- Salmon with sweet potato.
- Tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- Tuna and crackers.
- Oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- Cottage cheese and fruits.
What to eat before during and after a workout?
Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
- Hydrating with water.
- Eating healthy carbohydrates such as whole-grain cereals (with low-fat or skim milk), whole-wheat toast, low-fat or fat-free yogurt, whole grain pasta, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
What pre workout means?
Post workout nutrition is the meal eaten after working out. … Replenish muscle glycogen (stored energy) that was used in your workout. Increase muscle protein synthesis (1) and reduce the muscle protein breakdown caused by exercise.